AD Magic restore is a tool which permits to restore Active Directory objects and attributes from multiple sources.
The tool is totally written in PowerShell.
- Collect, mount and expose an Active Directory database from Windows volume snapshots
- Collect, mount and expose an Active Directory database from Windows Backup (Windows Backup Server)
- Expose an Active Directory database from a specified DIT file
- Reanimate the tombstone objects and restore most of their attributes
- Restore granularly the attributes, the group memberships and the group members
- Restore a complete hierarchy (experimental)
- Powershell 2.0 or above
- PowerShell using a single-threaded apartment
- Run only on Windows 2008 R2 or Windows 2012 with "AD-Domain-Services" Windows feature installed and Active Directory PowerShell module.
- Active Directory Web Services or Active Directory Gateway Service install on one Domain Controller at least
- Active Directory Web Services installed on the member server if the script is not running on a Domain Controller
- Backups realized with Windows Backup Server on a dedicated volume and drive letter assigned